MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconcile bank accounts and cash tracking schedules monthly.
- Analyze general ledger accounts and individual transactions for correct general ledger account coding.
- Track special projects.
- Prepare the following monthly reports: Financial reports for the company and contract properties; revenue and receivables; journal entries; fixed assets schedules; net income required by HUD; ABC reports: supporting schedules for financial statements.
- Prepare annual audit work papers for designated entities, prepare responses and explanation of supporting materials and procedures, and prepare any other necessary data as requested.
- Maintain log sheets for expenditures eligible for replacement reserve (RFR) draws and prepare RFR draws as requested.
- Perform accounts payable review as necessary, ensuring expenditures are coded appropriately and, when necessary, return to AP for verification, correction and/or reclassification.
- Responsible for alerting Controller and assisting in appropriate resolution where instances of problems arise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Accuracy, timeliness and adherence to professional standards is essential to assure financial reporting systems in place are correctly recording material financial transactions.
- Evidence of demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers and persons outside the organization.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends when important deadlines must be met. Such requirements typically occur during audit period.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially
Excel and Word.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Current CPA license preferred.
- At least one year experience in financial accounting.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and competency with computer software, including accounting systems and property management systems (RealPage preferred).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.