Facing a global crisis shouldn’t also mean facing homelessness
As a result of COVID-19, we’re seeing increased demand. Without your help, we won’t have the reserves needed to provide rental, utility, and food assistance to all of our residents. Your action and generosity is needed now.
Since COVID-19 impact on the State of Texas (March 25th), Prospera has:
- Assisted 1,700 families with Rental and Utility Assistance to prevent eviction
- Provided Food Assistance to over 7,000 people on 54,200 occasions
- Conducted over 25,000 Wellness Check and Outreach Services
Many of our residents work in retail, food & hospitality, and service industries, and have seen a drastic reduction in hours or have been laid off. Other residents are seniors or people living with disabilities, and depend on Prospera for basic needs such as food, utility and rental assistance.
Eviction is not an option during this time of a pandemic crisis. Your generosity is needed now more than ever to help our neighbors stay in their homes and live with the dignity we all deserve.
What your gift can do:
- $50 can provide utility assistance
- $200 can provide food assistance for a family in need
- $250 can provide rental assistance for a Prospera resident
We appreciate your support and together we can make a difference in building community and improving lives through safe, high-quality affordable housing across South Texas—during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
You can also donate via check. Checks payable to Prospera HCS, memo line: Resident Services COVID-19 Relief. Please send your donation to: Prospera Housing Community Services, 3419 Nacogdoches Road, San Antonio, Texas 78217.