- Corporate Office – San Antonio, TX
The Executive Assistant manages the office of the Executive Director/CEO for Prospera Housing Community Services (PHCS). Responsible for managing day-to-day operations of the Executive Director while serving as the primary liaison to internal staff and outside contacts on behalf of the Executive Director. The Executive Assistant will assist by anticipating needs and handling routine detail work, determine matters of top priority and take initiative to handle or direct accordingly. Candidate will work closely with the Executive Management & be responsible for facilitating schedules, managing internal & external communications, special events on behalf of the ED/CEO and coordinating meetings of the PHCS Board of Directors and Executive Committee. Will also work with the Executive Vice Presidents on short- to medium-term, special, ad-hoc projects that further the PHCS mission (ex. construction of PHCS’ new office building, housing development related to Social Determinants of Health and fund development initiatives, etc.). The Executive Assistant will also communicate PHCS related business with the Board of Directors on a regular basis that includes facilitation of special Board Meetings via email.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain Executive Director/CEO files, calendars and personal records.
- Answer incoming calls and visitors, determines nature and priority then directs as required.
- Prepare agenda and collect materials for meetings and conferences.
- Responsible for drafting meeting minutes and record keeping for all proceedings.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, prepare itineraries and organize arrangements for professional conferences.
- Review and proofread documents prepared for CEO signature.
- Accountable for preparing invoices and requests for approval.
- Assist CEO in preparing for all board meetings.
- Regularly communicate organizational business to Board of Directors.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, filing or retrieving documents.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email. Notify CEO of high priority items to assure they are handled timely.
- Oversee all corporate social events to include annual Holiday reception and Board of Director Christmas gifts.
- Work independently to resolve issues with minimal direction and supervision.
- Exhibit great customer service to the public, vendors, contractors and employees in person and via phone.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, prioritize and complete tasks timely.
- Must be able to manage sensitive information and maintain high confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher and Alchemy.
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 5 years experience in administrative role 0r 2 years experience as an Executive Assistant
- Real Estate Industry experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to type 60 words per minute, file and handle correspondence without errors.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Valid Class “C: Texas Driver’s License required
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.