- Corporate Office – San Antonio, TX
Under general supervision, the Accounting Technician performs daily/monthly technical accounts maintenance with complex accounting systems for all of the organization’s corporate entities and properties. The Accounting Technician will be required to monitor and maintain accounting and related records requiring specialized calculations and correcting and adjusting journal entries. The position also supports the overflow workload for the AR/AP Team and other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly account reconciliations for multiple entities.
- In coordination with AR/AP Manager , prepare and maintain Invoice Templates for intercompany allocations of expenses.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll reconciliations from automated interfaces and reconciliations to all bank accounts.
- Coding of inter-company transactions for Services Invoices.
- Prepare and execute all intercompany transactions in Real Page, to include preparation of all support documents. Such as Health Insurance allocations and TASC allocations.
- Reconciliation of all Clearing Accounts.
- Prepare and reconcile P-Card charges.
- Creation of Journal Entry Templates for recurring entries.
- Assist Treasury as backup.
- Prepare loan amortization schedules for accountants.
- Assist accountants with JEs and Recurring JEs.
- Posting of all Manual Payments in Real Page for Wire and ACH Transfers.
- Perform other accounting technical or financial tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the Corporate Controller, Controller or Vice President of Financial Compliance.
- Punctuality, timeliness and adherence to the specified work schedule and office hours are required. Additionally, must actively perform and complete duties on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, or as otherwise directed by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum 12 hours of college credits in accounting required.
- Experience in property management software, Real Page a plus.
- 1 year experience in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable preferred.
- Knowledge of intercompany transactions required
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.