- Corporate Office – San Antonio, TX
The Accountant will be responsible for performance of general ledger accounting, preparation of financial accounts, monthly opening and closing of accounts and preparation of monthly financial statements for assigned properties. Prepares appropriate accounting reports for regulatory requirements and assists external auditors as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
· Accuracy, timeliness and adherence to professional standards is essential to assure financial reporting systems in place are correctly recording material financial transactions.
· Evidence of demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers and persons outside the organization.
· Must be able to work extended hours and weekends when important deadlines must be met. Such requirements typically occur during audit period.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially
Excel and Word.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· Current CPA license preferred.
· At least one year experience in financial accounting.
· Working knowledge of computer hardware and competency with computer software, including accounting systems and property management systems (RealPage preferred).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.