- Develop relationships with community partners and service providers within PROSPERA’s service delivery areas and standardize partnership groups across regions.
- Develop relationships with PROSPERA Service Management, Property Management and Development staff to encourage support and collaboration with internal applicants and residents.
- Oversee implementation and adherence to Housing Navigation initiatives, policies and projects to assure ongoing compliance with contractual obligations and organizational objectives.
- Manage case conferencing, reporting, records and communication for clients referred by Managed Care Organization (MCO) partner(s), in accord with the unique project scope for each MCO.
- Collaborate closely with PROSPERA’s Development Relocation Team to stay abreast of relocation projects, assist with communications and act as an advocate and liaison for residents who are being relocated.
- Attend various recurring meetings with internal and external stakeholders, to include: Resident Services Leadership, MCO Partners, HMIS Staff, PROSPERA Leadership, Continuum of Care Organizations, Relocation Staff, etc.
- Analyze housing navigation specific data to measure outcomes and impact of services.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor progress of initiatives and projects.
- Ensure efficiency, effectiveness and quality of services via ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership. Encourage teamwork and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Oversee regular quality assurance audits and reporting requirements to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and contract regulations and requirements.
- Ensure all administrative processes are handled on a timely basis.
- Provide social work case management and navigation services, both in-person and virtually, to assist clients and their families during relocation efforts and/or to obtain stable housing.
- Assist clients with barriers through both in-person and virtual efforts such as: intensive case management, crisis mitigation, documentation recovery, application/deposit fees, landlord mitigation, landlord disputes, rent payment/eviction prevention options, utility support, etc. in an effort to obtain and/or maintain clients’ housing.
- Add clients to HMIS, Section 811 and other applicable waiting lists (rapid rehousing, coordinated entry, jail re-entry, Foster, etc.).
- Maintain community housing lists and helpful tips which may assist clients with housing needs.
- Keep abreast of city, county, state and federal funding advocacy activity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Knowledge of service programs and educational methods.
- Ability to plan, manage and oversee programs.
- Competency in social work values, knowledge and skills.
- Ability to assess service programs and evaluate future needs.
- Ability to recruit, supervise, train and evaluate staff.
- Ability to work independently and concurrently to perform multiple compliance projects.
- Knowledge of computer software applications.
- Knowledge of budget planning and administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze statistical reports and make recommendations for changes or improvements.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, board members, supervisors, consultants and the general public.
- Ability to identify problems, organizational needs, and opportunities for change. Participate in the change proactively.
The Manager of Housing Navigation will supervise assigned Housing Navigators should the program expand. The position monitors work for accuracy, completeness, conformity to policy and achievement of goals or objectives. The Manager of Housing Navigation may receive instruction from the VP of Resident Services and is expected to plan and carry out work activities with minimal supervision, and independently resolve problems that arise.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
- 5 years of experience in managing and leading staff providing social services.
- Experience developing service programs.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
- Prior experience working in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) is preferred.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.