- Timely processing of accounts payable and management of accounts payable aging.
- Review invoice register within RealPage Software to ensure invoice processing is current.
- Timely process invoices for payment in RealPage accounting software, ensuring accurate recording in the appropriate general ledger accounts and proper cost allocation to appropriate cost centers. Validate invoices for proper entity to pay, accurate amount to pay, proper approvals and validity of the payable. Check past due balances, ensure non-duplication of payments, and eliminate or avoid past due penalties.
- Communicate with vendors and company personnel to obtain information and documents needed to process invoices for payment. Ensure appropriate tax-exempt credits are applied.
- Timely process expense reports, Prospera Team reimbursements and check requests, ensuring that appropriate forms are submitted before processing and correct approvals are reflected.
- Provide support for processing of bi-weekly payroll, including data entry for back up spreadsheet and ensuring proper cost allocation to the appropriate accounts.
- Make bank deposits, deliver mail to post office or establish overnight delivery service as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Punctuality, timeliness and adherence to the specified work schedule and office hours are required. Additionally, the Accounts Payable Processor is expected to actively perform and complete their duties on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, or as otherwise directed by the Accounts Payable Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to process a high volume of invoices timely and accurately.
- Ability to identify and resolve invoicing and receipt issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work on a team.
- Ability to respond quickly to an escalated situation, gather and report findings quickly.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to be detail oriented, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School or GED diploma required.
- 1 to 3 years of accounts payable or bookkeeping experience.
- RealPage software experience preferred.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.