Resident Services Manager
- Cambrian East Riverside – Austin, TX
- Village @ Greenwood & Calallen – Corpus Christi, TX
The Resident Services Manager plans, directs and coordinates the activities of social services and community outreach to residents of their assigned property (properties). The role of the Resident Services Manager is to assess social service needs of residents, link them to the appropriate community resources and learning center programs, and measure impact of PROSPERA Housing Community Services (PROSPERA HCS) programs focused on the Social Determinants of Health.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently organize, schedule and oversee community learning center programs and events, including promoting services and programs to respond to the needs of the particular residents and local community.
- Conduct Resident Intake process with new residents in accordance with PROSPERA HCS Quality Assurance Program requirements and coordinate referral services to residents needing assistance.
- Conduct Family Needs Assessment surveys in accordance with regulatory and organizational requirements, and coordinate referral services to residents needing assistance.
- Coordinate and attend property-wide events and activities focusing on bringing the community together and coordinate social services programs on-site through working agreements with agencies.
- Facilitate and/ or coordinate Adult Education programs and/or Youth Education Programs offered in on-site community learning centers in accordance with PROSPERA HCS Quality Assurance Program, regulatory and/or contractual requirements.
- Assess and provide input to Property and Services Management Teams for property specific budgetary needs and adhere to annual property service budget.
- Collaborate with Operations Department to develop Bi-Annual Board of Director reports and participate collectively with property and corporate team members in Bi-Annual Board of Directors presentation.
- Participate in team development of mandated company-wide events including preparation, funding and execution of events.
- Participate in weekly collaboration meetings to include move-ins, move-outs, property observations, upcoming events and details, team appreciation, evictions, inspections (dates and game plan) and residents’ concerns.
- Assist residents in the development and maintenance of a resident council or similar organization, if applicable.
- Identify and foster potential partnering agencies or opportunities within the community based on resident needs.
- Support Communications and Fund Development by sharing resident success stories.
- Manage administrative requirements of the position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – General Performance
- Knowledge of service programs and educational methods.
- Ability to plan and manage programs, events and outings.
- Ability to work independently and concurrently to perform multiple compliance projects.
- Knowledge of computer software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to execute a services plan.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, board members, supervisors, consultants and general public.
- Ability to produce work which consistently meets quality requirements of accuracy, thoroughness and effectiveness.
- Ability to identify problems, organizational needs, and opportunities for change. Participate in the change proactively.
- Respond positively to supervisory direction and feedback.
Education & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field or Qualified Social Worker field preferred.
- In lieu of educational requirements, a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Human Services field is required.
- Community Health Worker certification preferred.
- Professional Service Coordinator Certification preferred.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a strong attention to detail.
- Computing skills including common office programs, file systems/databases, and software.
- Be team-oriented, and have the ability to work independently.
- Be a “Champion for Change”.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.