Regional Property Manager
The Regional Property Manager is responsible for the operational and financial performance of assigned properties within the PROSPERA Property Management portfolio. The position oversees occupancy and rent collections, customer service and support, financial performance of assigned properties, staffing management, reporting requirements, training and compliance with State and Federal regulations. The Regional Property Manager may also be involved in acquisitions and development of properties within the assigned region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor, manage and communicate the accomplishments of the financial goals and objectives of the property, owners and other stakeholders within the assigned PROSPERA Property Management portfolio. Consistently strive to achieve financial performance goals.
- Maintain desired internal financial benchmarks for each assigned property within the portfolio as defined by Vice President of Property Management. This includes occupancy levels, income levels, delinquency percentage and cash flows.
- With on-site Property Manager input, prepare annual budgets and income projections for assigned properties. Review and approve expenditures within budgetary guidelines.
- Conduct regular property visits and work directly with property staff at each location to assure regulatory compliance and acceptable financial performance.
- Perform property inspections to assess vacant units, property exterior, office, and maintenance facilities at assigned properties.
- Prepare and update capital needs projections annually for each assigned property.
- Develop and oversee implementation plans for scheduled regulatory inspections.
- Identify ledger errors and correct ledgers when appropriate. Coach and train Property Managers to identify incorrect posting trends.
- Represent the management company and property owners during regulatory agency inspections, BOD meetings, or other functions as directed by supervisor.
- Prepare bid specifications and negotiate contracts for maintenance repairs.
- Ensure that staff at each property maintain rapport with resident organizations and entities providing services to the property and residents.
- Develop, implement and maintain property specific marketing plans.
- Confirm appropriate marketing efforts and practices are being implemented to ensure occupancy expectations are being met.
- Ensure efficiency of property management staff by providing ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership. Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Review and audit administrative and accounting reporting requirements to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. Accountable for deadlines.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (performance evaluations, salary review, time sheets, notice of employee changes, performance concern). Document appropriately and communicate through appropriate management channels.
- Punctuality, timeliness and adherence to the specified work schedule and office hours are required. Additionally, Regional (Property) Managers are expected to actively perform and complete their duties on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, or as otherwise directed by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Comprehensive knowledge of HUD and Tax Credit regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Fair Housing rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Capable of reading, analyzing and understanding a financial report.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Ability to analyze statistical data and financial reports, and make recommendations for changes or improvements.
- Ability to complete tasks using the following: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and property management software (RealPage preferred).
- Ability to recruit, supervise, train and evaluate staff.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, board members, supervisors, consultants and the general public.
- Ability to respond positively to supervisory direction and feedback and provide feedback to team.
The Regional (Property) Manager supervises assigned Property Managers, monitoring work for accuracy, completeness, conformity to policy and achievement of goals or objectives. The Regional (Property) Manager receives instruction from the Assistant Vice President of Property Management or the Vice President of Property Management. The Regional (Property) Manager is expected to plan and carry out work activities with minimal supervision and independently resolves problems that arise.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance or Real Estate plus five years experience in affordable housing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of experience with property management software.
- Certification in any of the following preferred:
- Certified Professional of Occupancy Specialist (CPO)
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor ( CAPS)
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- A significant amount of physical activity (walking, climbing stairs, etc.) is required on a daily basis.
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach on a daily basis and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, using telephone and its functions, E-mailing, scanning, faxing, organizing, electronic scheduling, data entry, etc.
- The mental work demands include regular attendance, working well with others, verbal contact with others, noise and occasional travel by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like within Prospera’s regions and other locations as required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.[/mk_custom_list]