PT Assistant Property Manager
- Casa de Manana – Corpus Christi, TX
Position Summary: The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with all aspects of the day-to-day operations involved in managing an assigned property or properties. Performs administrative and financial tasks including calculating and posting numerical data to keep financial records complete. Assists with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the property. Supports the Property Manager in operating the property in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Knowledge of office management and basic accounting principles.
- Ability to plan and manage daily property activities.
- Ability to work independently and concurrently to perform multiple time sensitive projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computer software applications.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, board members, supervisors, consultants and general public.
- Present behaviors consistently with a positive attitude (smile, greet, acknowledge others, eye contact). Use problem solving approach to conflict.
- Act as a “team player”.
- Produce work which consistently meets quality requirements of accuracy, thoroughness, and effectiveness.
- Ability to respond positively to supervisory direction and feedback.
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently to keep others appropriately informed.
- Ability to identify problems, organizational needs, and opportunities for change. Participate in the change proactively.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- One year of experience in affordable housing management, property management or customer service experience.
- Position requires a minimum of High School or GED diploma
- Experience in Property Management software or YARDI experience preferred.
- Experience in a customer-focused and fast-paced environment.
- Certification in any of the following preferred:
- Certified Professional of Occupancy Specialist (Project-based Section 8 Housing).
- TDHCA Certified Low Income Housing Tax Credit Manager.
- Valid Class “C” *Texas Driver’s License.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.