- Oak Manor Apartments – San Antonio, TX
The Leasing Agent is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with all aspects of the day-to-day operations involved in managing an assigned property or properties. Primary duty is to assist with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the property. Performs administrative and financial tasks including calculating and posting numerical data to keep financial records complete. Supports the Property Manager in operating the property in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Market property in accordance with policies and procedures set by management.
- Screen applicants, process applications and conduct appropriate credit checks in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures.
- Manage resident tenant records and files in compliance with LIHTC and HUD regulations.
- Process resident certification and re-certification eligibility and verify income in accordance with LIHTC and HUD regulations.
- Complete and explain leases to tenant during move-in and during annual re-examination process. Ensure all required legal documents are accurate, complete and signed.
- Inspect property as directed by Property Manager to assess condition of building and grounds and report any problems or issues to Property Manager.
- Inspect empty units to ensure that they are ready for move-in and assess conditions and needed turn-around repairs for move-out.
- Assist Property Manager in recording service requests and communicate service requests appropriately to maintenance.
- Address and promptly resolve questions, complaints and requests from tenants.
- Collect rents and other resident charges, record and prepare appropriate bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Post rents utilizing Yardi software.
Make inquiries about late payments and assist in handling eviction issues.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- General knowledge of leasing.
- Ability to plan and manage daily leasing activities.
- Ability to work independently and concurrently to perform multiple time sensitive projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently to keep others appropriately informed.
- Knowledge of computer software applications.
- Strong communication skills with outgoing personality.
- Produce work which consistently meets quality requirements of accuracy, thoroughness, and effectiveness.
- Present behaviors consistently with a positive attitude (smile, greet, acknowledge others, eye contact). Use a problem solving approach to conflict. Act as a “team player”.
- Ability to respond positively to supervisory direction and feedback.
- Ability to identify problems, organizational needs, and opportunities for change. Participate in the change proactively.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School or GED diploma required
- One year of experience in affordable housing management, property management or customer service experience.
- Certification in any of the following preferred, but not required:
- Certified Professional of Occupancy Specialist (Project-based Section 8 Housing).
- TDHCA Certified Low Income Housing Tax Credit Manager
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.