Lead Maintenance Technician
- Bavarian Manor Apartments – New Braunfels, TX
- Cambrian East Riverside – Austin, TX
- Casa de Manana – Corpus Christi, TX
- Elliott Grant Homes – Corpus Christi, TX
- Renaissance Manor – San Antonio, TX
- Starling Apartments, San Antonio, TX
- Village Circle Apartments – New Braunfels, TX
The Lead Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition for the assigned property. Insures all buildings, structures, equipment and appliances are in good working order. The position oversees a variety of maintenance tasks including caulking, painting, basic electrical, plumbing, repairing windows, flooring, fencing, roofing, concrete, janitorial, landscaping and HVAC maintenance. The Lead Maintenance Technician supports the Property Manager in maintaining the property in compliance with State and Federal regulations
Major Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Inspect property to determine units or systems requiring maintenance or repair and report work needed to the Property Manager.
- Assist Property Manager with move-out inspections.
- Manage the completion of all make ready assignments timely and professionally, ensuring completion in a zero defect manner and in compliance with various regulatory requirements.
- Confer with On-Site Manager for projects requiring services of outside contractor.
- Maintain a six-week inventory level of replacement and repair parts.
- Manage on-site tool inventory system and maintain tools in proper working condition.
- Maintain the shop and storage area in a clean, safe and organized manner.
- Complete resident requested service orders on a timely basis in accordance with Company issued standards. This requires prioritizing service requests, establishing daily work schedules for maintenance staff and follow-up on assignments for efficient, thorough completion.
- Work to maintain the physical appearance, curb appeal and upkeep of the property.
- Participate in the preventative maintenance program as directed by Management.
- Follow OSHA and Company safety standards.
- Remove bulk trash items from property when observed.
- Assist in the training and daily direction of maintenance/porters.
- Participate fully in staff meetings and designated company training programs.
- Assist Property Manager and Resident Services Manager with planning and executing of resident events.
- Be available to handle after hours emergency problems as directed by the Property Manager.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to move around the property in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to access second story and roof areas.
- A significant amount of physical activity (walking, climbing stairs or ladders (often while lifting or carrying items), bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, crawling, reaching above shoulder height, grasping, gripping, turning or lifting) is required on a daily basis.
- Able to hear and respond to warnings and calls for help.
- Able to lift up to 80 pounds frequently.
- The mental work demands include regular attendance, working well with others, verbal contact with others, noise and occasional travel by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like within Prospera’s region and other locations as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- 5 Years of experience in the multi-family housing industry preferred.
- Environmental Protection Agency Section 608 Certification required or obtain within one year of employment.
- Pool Operator Certification required, if applicable to assigned property
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.