Human Resources Coordinator
HR Coordinator supports various Human Resources functions/projects to include but is not limited to recruiting, new hire processes, benefits, payroll, leave of absences, workers compensation process, and employee relations. Serves as first contact to the HR Department; performs other duties as assigned.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries on any areas pertaining to Human Resources.
- Assists the recruitment process and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with hiring managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Assists in the development, and implementation of all phases of the recruitment process.
- Assists with administering and developing the job posting through applicant tracking system, posts open positions on company and other recruitment websites; conducts initial screening, and manages job postings.
- Assists with the interview process, attends and conducts interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Supports HR Generalist with preparation for new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Monitor drug screening process and ensure results are in compliance with company’s employment eligibility requirements.
- Provides Human Resources assistance at various levels within the company, multiple tasks with time constraints.
- Assists with bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Performs routine tasks required and assists with delivering/administering human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Assists with HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associates’ degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- At least two years of human resources experience preferred.
- Minimum one year of Recruitment experience preferred.
- 30% Travel
- HR Certification is a plus.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- The mental work demands regular attendance, working well with others, verbal contact with others, noise and occasional travel by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like within Prospera’s region and other locations as required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.