Compliance Projects Coordinator
- Home Office – San Antonio, TX
Performs compliance activities for all properties within the Prospera portfolio to maintain and ensure compliance with all affordable housing programs, as well as investor, lender and owner requirements. Prints, reviews, and distributes EIV reports and processes Special Claims on monthly HAP vouchers for Section 8 and Section 811 properties.
- Prepares and submits EIV Income Reports to property managers for resident files at time of Annual/Interim recertification and within 90 days of when a Move-in/Initial certification is transmitted to TRACS.
- Prepares and submits EIV monthly and quarterly reports to property managers for the properties’ EIV Master File.
- Communicates with property managers to ensure proper investigation and correction to discrepancies on EIV reports.
- Report to Compliance Manager any issues of property staff not remaining in compliance regarding HUD EIV guidelines and Prospera’s EIV Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains initial and current CAAFs/UAAFs, TRACS Rules of Behavior, and Cyber Security Awareness certificates for the Compliance Department.
- Conducts or assists in conducting annual EIV training to property staff, regional staff, and the Compliance Department.
- Track potential Special Claims in OneSite. Communicates with property managers for support for Special Claims.
- Processes Special Claims and submits to the Performance Based Contract Administrator. Upon approval of Special Claims, ensures the claim is on the properties’ monthly HAP voucher.
- Conducts and/or assists in any potential affordable housing projects assigned by the Compliance Manager.
- Assists Compliance Department in tasks, such as processing monthly HAP vouchers, processing security deposit dispositions, annual/monthly reports, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Ability to compose written responses to audits and owners’ requests.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to decipher and interpret regulatory requirements, including current application of compliance programs, rules and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HUD/Enterprise Income Verification (EIV), low-income housing tax credit, and other affordable housing programs.
- Ability to provide technical assistance on complex compliance issues in a simple and straightforward manner.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, prioritize and complete tasks timely.
- Must be able to travel as required within Prospera’s regions and other locations. Additional hours may be required including weekends.
- Must be able to work after hours when important deadlines must be met. Such requirements typically occur during audit periods.
- Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School or GED diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or management related filed preferred or the equivalent combination of 5 years of higher education and/or trade experience in the affordable multi-family housing industry.
- Certified in any of the following preferred or obtain one of the following within two years of employment:
- Professional of Occupancy designation (CPO)
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and computer software, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office.
- RealPage/OneSite experience preferred.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Largely a sedentary role.
- Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary.
- Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- The mental work demands regular attendance, working well with others, verbal contact with others, noise and occasional travel by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like within Prospera’s regions and other locations as required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.