Performs compliance activities for all properties within the Prospera portfolio to maintain and ensure compliance with all affordable housing programs, as well as investor, lender and owner requirements. Gathers, reviews and audits resident files and other property documentation and submits necessary reports per requirements set forth for each property. Provides support to on–site and corporate personnel to ensure compliance requirements are met for each property.
- Review initial and annual tax credit certifications completed by on-site staff of assigned properties. Review supporting verifications to determine proper documentation of sources of income and expenses and accurate completion of Form 50059 and or TIC forms.
- Conduct periodic quality control review of resident files as directed by Compliance Manager.
- Provide technical support to on-site Property Managers and other staff of assigned properties in the preparation of all compliance related forms and documents.
- Prepare quarterly and/or annual compliance reports to regulatory agencies, owners, investors and lenders, including demographic information as required by respective loan documents and contracts. Provide reports for Compliance Manager final approval.
- Provide support to Compliance Manager in preparation and submission of Section 8 contract renewals together with rent increase packages and utility allowance analysis.
- Prepare and submit Desk Review documents required by HUD/contract administrator, TDHCA, other local regulatory entities, and investors/lenders prior to on-site inspections, and prepare responses to regulatory agencies in response to on site inspections. Provide reports for Compliance Manager final approval.
- Provide education and feedback to on-site staff and corporate personnel. Communicate updates with regards to any changes in policies and procedures that need to be implemented at the site for compliance.
- Assist in updating forms, policies and procedures as assigned.
- Process security deposit disposition forms as assigned.
- Punctuality, timeliness and adherence to the specified work schedule and office hours are required. Additionally, must actively perform and complete duties on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, or as otherwise directed by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Ability to compose written responses to audits and owner requests.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of current application of compliance programs, rules and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of HUD, low income housing tax credit, tax exempt bond and other affordable housing programs
- Ability to provide technical assistance on complex compliance issues in a simple and straightforward manner.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, prioritize and complete tasks timely.
- Must be able to travel as required within Prospera’s regions and other locations. Additional hours may be required including weekends.
- Must be able to work after hours when important deadlines must be met. Such requirements typically occur during audit periods.
- Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School or GED diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or management related field preferred or the equivalent combination of 3 years higher education and/or trade experience related to affordable multi-family housing industry.
- Certified Professional of Occupancy designation required or obtain within one year of employment.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and computer software, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office.
- Yardi experience preferred.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Largely a sedentary role.
- Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary.
- Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- The mental work demands regular attendance, working well with others, verbal contact with others, noise and occasional travel by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like within Prospera’s region and other locations as required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.[/mk_custom_list]