Affordable Housing Project Manager
Under the direction of VP Property Development uses knowledge and skills obtained through training, education, and experience to perform essential duties and responsibilities. Must be able to operate within a team environment and in keeping with the Prospera Housing Community Services strategic plan.
- Prepare financial projections that include sources and uses, rental income and expense, and cash flow analysis that help to evaluate the risks or benefits of potential rental properties.
- Maintain Prosper a’s internal pro formas to better manage the goals of the Development department.
- Ensure financial projections are as accurate as possible.
- Coordinate financial closings on housing projects, including tracking outstanding items, coordinating the work of third-party consultants, reviewing reports, and taking part in closing calls.
- Read, understand, and apply governmental regulatory requirements to affordable multifamily residential development.
- Assist with the preparation of funding proposals to government agencies.
- Maintain knowledge of all relevant financing structures including debt, equity, and potential soft funds sources.
- Understand Fair Housing requirements.
- Work with other staff on annual budget development and maintenance of future revenue projections.
- Assist in short- and long-term strategic planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Direct or case study experience with property development and the financing of multifamily residential properties or similar business activity.
- Company’s working structure, policies, purpose, and strategies.
- Fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), bonds and other types of acquisition and/or rehabilitation funding.
- Fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of the real estate industry.
- Principles of banking and finance industry operations.
- Significant experience and proficiency in data capturing, developing, organizing, and updating EXCEL Spreadsheets, including pro formas for multifamily housing.
- Communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- Reading and understanding standard real estate and LIHTC specific documentation.
- Real estate investment risk analysis.
- Real estate financial projections and reporting.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications including Microsoft Office to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to be productive and goal focused in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to read, understand and apply governmental regulatory requirements to affordable multifamily residential development.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- With limited guidance/supervision, organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment to meet required results.
- With some guidance/supervision, identify required tasks, develop timelines, and intended work.
- Analyze data, identify issues, draw logical conclusions, and interpret results for use in decision making.
- Provide accurate and high-quality work in a timely manner.
- Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Gather data from multiple sources, review, and accurately input data into various spreadsheets or databases.
- Proactively demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
- Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
- Assume full responsibility and accountability for your own actions.
- Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real estate, Finance, or other similar business field required.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger or feel. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 30lbs.
The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Travel (local or out of town) is occasionally required. The hours of the position vary needing a regular presence on-site with established on-site hours to include evenings and weekends as needed for meetings, training, activities, etc.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.[/mk_custom_list]