ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Manage, monitor and communicate the accomplishments of the financial goals and objectives of the property, owners and other stakeholders. Consistently strive to achieve financial performance goals.
• Assist Regional Manager and Assistant Director of Operations in preparation of annual budgets and income projections. Adhere to established annual budget.
• Collaborate with residents and resident organizations/councils in developing and maintaining community policies, improvements and social programs.
• Prepare for and participate collectively with Corporate and Resident Services personnel in Bi-Annual Board meetings.
• Address resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
• Conduct weekly collaboration meetings with all property staff to include move-ins, move-outs, property observations, upcoming events and details, team appreciation, evictions, inspections (dates and readiness plan) and resident concerns.
• Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership. Provide support to site staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
• Manage the property and property management staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
• Knowledge of HUD and Tax Credit regulations.
• Ability to plan and manage daily property activities.
• Ability to work independently and concurrently to perform multiple time sensitive projects.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of computer software applications.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, board members, supervisors, consultants and general public.
• Produce work which consistently meets quality requirements of accuracy, thoroughness and effectiveness.
• Present behaviors consistently with a positive attitude (smile, greet, acknowledge others, eye contact). Use a problem solving approach to conflict. Act as a “team player”.
• Produce work which consistently meets quality requirements of accuracy, thoroughness, and effectiveness.
• Ability to respond positively to supervisory direction and feedback.
• Ability to communicate effectively and frequently to keep others appropriately informed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Management/Administration, Real
Estate or related field plus a minimum of 1 year Property Management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Position requires one year of management experience in Property Management software. Real Page experience preferred.
• Demonstrate an ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
• Experience in a customer-focused and fast-paced professional environment.
• Certification in the following or obtain within one year of employment:
• Certified Professional of Occupancy Specialist (Project-based Section 8 Housing).
• TDHCA Certified Low Income Housing Tax Credit Manager.
• Housing Credit Certified Professional.
• Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.