ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manage, monitor and communicate the accomplishments of the financial goals and objectives of the property, owners and other stakeholders. Consistently strive to achieve financial performance goals.
• Assist Regional Manager and Assistant Director of Operations in preparation of annual budgets and income projections. Adhere to established annual budget.
• Collaborate with residents and resident organizations/councils in developing and maintaining community policies, improvements and social programs.
• Prepare for and participate collectively with Corporate and Resident Services personnel in Bi-Annual Board meetings.
• Address resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
• Conduct weekly collaboration meetings with all property staff to include move-ins, move-outs, property observations, upcoming events and details, team appreciation, evictions, inspections (dates and readiness plan) and resident concerns.
• Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership. Provide support to site staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
• Manage the property and property management staff
• Maintain community appearance/curb appeal and ensure unsightly or unsafe conditions are noted and addressed on a timely basis. This requires regular community inspections.
• Ensure that all resident requested service requests are recorded and completed in accordance with Company issued standards. This requires prioritizing service requests, establishing daily work schedules for maintenance staff and follow-up on assignments for efficient, thorough completion.
• Ensure proper response and handling of community emergencies with staff, residents, and buildings within company guidelines to minimize liability. (Ex. weather, health, property emergencies, crime).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
• Knowledge of HUD and Tax Credit regulations.
• Ability to plan and manage daily property activities.
• Ability to work independently and concurrently to perform multiple time sensitive projects.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of computer software applications.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, board members, supervisors, consultants and general public.
• Produce work which consistently meets quality requirements of accuracy, thoroughness and effectiveness.
• Present behaviors consistently with a positive attitude (smile, greet, acknowledge others, eye contact). Use a problem solving approach to conflict. Act as a “team player”.
• Produce work which consistently meets quality requirements of accuracy, thoroughness, and effectiveness.
• Ability to respond positively to supervisory direction and feedback.
• Ability to communicate effectively and frequently to keep others appropriately informed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Management/Administration, Real
Estate or related field plus a minimum of 1 year Property Management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Position requires one year of management experience in Property Management software. YARDI experience preferred.
• Demonstrate an ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
• Experience in a customer-focused and fast-paced professional environment.
• Certification in the following or obtain within one year of employment:
• Certified Professional of Occupancy Specialist (Project-based Section 8 Housing).
• TDHCA Certified Low Income Housing Tax Credit Manager.
• Housing Credit Certified Professional.
• Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Able to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
• A significant amount of physical activity (walking, climbing stairs, etc.) is required on a daily basis.
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach on a daily basis.
• Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, using telephone and its functions, E-mailing, scanning, faxing, organizing, electronic scheduling, data entry, etc.
• The mental work demands include regular attendance, working well with others, verbal contact with others, noise and occasional travel by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.