- American GI and Lantana Apartments – Robstown and Corpus Christi, TX
- Calallen/Village at Henderson Apartments – Corpus Christi, TX
- Lexington Apartments – Corpus Christi, TX
- Terraces at Haven for Hope Apartments – San Antonio, TX
- North Star Village Apartments/Harrison Manor Apartments – Harlingen, TX
- Sherwood Apartments – Edinburg, TX (Part Time)
Position Summary: The Maintenance Technician assists the Lead Maintenance in maintaining buildings and common areas in the best possible condition for the assigned property. May perform duties of the Lead Maintenance as required by the needs of the property. A variety of maintenance tasks include caulking, painting, basic painting, basic electrical, plumbing, repairing windows, flooring, janitorial, landscaping and HVAC maintenance.
The Maintenance Technician supports the Property Manager in maintaining the physical condition of the property in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE
- General knowledge of maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, minor electrical, drywall repair, painting and appliance repair.
- Working knowledge of Uniform Physical Conditions Standards or Housing Quality Standards.
- Ability to read and understand operating instructions and manuals for tools, equipment and chemicals at the assigned locations.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Familiarity with some computer skills including email, electronic time keeping and mobile software applications.
- Ability to work independently and concurrently to perform multiple compliance projects.
- Ability to produce work which consistently meets quality, thoroughness and effectiveness.
- Ability to speak calmly and respectfully to residents.
- Respond positively to supervisory direction and feedback.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Must have working knowledge of Uniform Physical Conditions Standards.
- Inspection or Housing Quality Standards Inspection requirements, dependent on the type of property/properties assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Must be able to read and understand operating instructions and manuals for tools and equipment at the assigned location(s).
- Must possess two or more years’ working knowledge of basic electrical repair, plumbing repair, basic drywall, caulking, painting, carpentry, flooring and janitorial skills.
- Valid Texas Driver License
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.