• Serve as principal day-to-day officer of PPM subject to the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
• Develop individual property management plans within 60 days of property acquisition to set specific measurable performance standards and to assure regular review by property and regional managers. The plan will be approved by VP of Property Management’s direct supervisor as well as property owners, investors and lenders. The plan for each property is to be updated at least annually.
• Prospera Property Management’s (PPM’s) corporate culture requires open, two-way communications so that property staff may provide in-put into the planning and management process to improve Prospera’s product and performance.
• Establishes annual goals and objectives for Assistant VPs, regional managers, property managers and staff consistent with the organization’s strategic plan and PPM’s Operation Plan.
• In collaboration with Human Resources, recruit, train, motivate and regularly evaluate the performance of PPM’s Property Management staff.
• Maintain current knowledge of Federal and State rules and policies affecting management of multifamily affordable housing properties. Develop and maintain operating policies and procedures to assure compliance.
• Directly supervises assistant vice presidents of property management, regional managers, compliance manager, facilities coordinator and office manager for property operations. Create accountability measures for PPM personnel and ensure standards of accountability are met at all levels of PPM.
• Establish and maintain rapport with HUD and its contractor administrator personnel, TDHCA and its personnel, TWC and its personnel as well as other state and federal agencies regulating multi-family housing and affordable housing. Prepare or draft owners’ and other important response correspondence with government entities in a timely manner.
• Coordinates the preparation of budgets for all properties and presents to property Boards for review and approval.
• Develop and implement a Property Condition Inspection and Maintenance Plan for each property that maximizes the marketability of the properties as well as the potential to achieve exemplary scores on regulatory physical asset inspections. Timely respond to inspection reports and coordinate implementation for remedial plans for deficiencies noted. Coordinate with Asset Management to create short, mid and long-term physical asset plans for each property thus maximizing value to the portfolio.
• Develop and implement a compliance plan for each property that ensures the property is managed within the regulatory parameters established for the property. Ensure all regulatory file review audits or inspections result in exemplary scores. Timely respond to audit or inspection findings as necessary and implement a plan for remedial measures as required.
• Collaborate with Development and Asset Management staff during the development phase of new projects to ensure that the final product can be efficiently and profitably managed within the Company’s goals. Coordinate with other departments as necessary in identifying, evaluating and accomplishing new opportunities in third party property management, fundraising, development and portfolio performance.
• Prepares monthly management and project performance reports for executive leadership team and quarterly reports for the board of directors.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Ten years management experience with multifamily apartment properties at the level of Regional Manager or the equivalent. Affordable housing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and regulations applicable to the multifamily housing industry.
• Knowledge of HUD Programs and Regulations relating to multifamily housing properties.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or management related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the operating policies and procedures of Housing Tax Credit properties and Section 8 properties.
• Thorough knowledge of the principals, practices and techniques of personnel management, budgeting and accounting.
• Skill in addressing the public and other bodies and presenting information in a clear, organized, and convincing manner.
• Current Texas Real Estate Broker’s license (or Real Estate Sales license with ability to sit for Broker’s exam within two years)
• Certified Property Manager Credentials.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.