KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
• Ability to compose written responses to audits and owners requests.
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
• Comprehensive understanding and ability to decipher and interpret regulatory requirements, including current application of compliance programs, rules and regulations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of HUD, low income housing tax credit, tax exempt bond and other affordable housing programs.
• Ability to provide technical assistance on complex compliance issues in a simple and straightforward manner.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, prioritize and complete tasks timely.
• Must be able to travel as required within Prospera’s regions and other locations. Additional hours may be required including weekends.
• Must be able to work after hours when important deadlines must be met. Such requirements typically occur during audit periods.
• Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School or GED diploma required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or management related filed preferred or the equivalent combination of 5 years of higher education and/or trade experience in the affordable multi-family housing industry.
• Certified in any of the following preferred or obtain one of these within one year of employment:
a) Professional of Occupancy designation (CPO)
b) Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)
c) Specialist in Housing Credit Management (SHCM)
• Proficient in the use of personal computers and computer software, including, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office.
• Yardi experience required.